Help with potential Tamaskan

Talk about all things Tamaskan

Help with potential Tamaskan

Postby Teh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 3 year old dog who was found in a dumpster when she was a couple of months old (so we have no way of seeing her parents). Initially I thought she was a husky/wolf mix but someone at the dog park introduced me to Tamaskans. She's about 50 lbs, and has a lot of the standards: nose, teeth, leg shape, and body shape are spot on. But she has blue eyes, is fairly small, nose stop is slight, and her tail is a little curved (but not as much as most huskies).
Personality-wise she is very friendly, moderately obedient and does not seem to care at all what her humans think of her actions - but this could be because her previous owner did not train her. She's pretty independent, overall a very aloof dog when it comes to her humans but will vocalize excitedly if she hasn't seen me in a couple of days. She also doesn't ever howl (we've tried everything including: playing instruments, videos of dogs and wolves howling, and getting a husky to howl right next to her). She loves every dog she has met (even if they are very aggressive and angry towards her) and is very submissive.

I was thinking she might be Tamaskan, northern inuit, or some combination.

Could anyone give me any insight into if she is part tamaskan, or any hints/tips to try to narrow down her breeds?

Here are some pictures:
F197B5EC-4A43-47C5-B02B-874507A2EA3F.jpeg
IMG_9950.JPG
IMG_2191.jpg

Thanks!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teh
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Help with potential Tamaskan

Postby Blustag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:18 am

Welcome to our forum and glad this pretty girl ended up in a happy home :D She is not a Tamaskan but looks very husky to me.

Good luck with her she is a lucky lady. :D
Blustag

Re: Help with potential Tamaskan

Postby BlaiddBach » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Agree she looks quite husky... possible there may be malamute in there somewhere too? Although the only way to get a real picture of what's in her would be to DNA test but that can be expensive... at the end of the day though if she's a happy healthy dog does it matter?
Very pretty girly though :)
There's a wiggy one, and a waggy one, and a woofy one, and a whiney one...
And they're all made out of wiggy-waggy and they all woo just the same!
BlaiddBach
Yearling
Yearling

Return to General