Hello from Aberdeen

New forum members can make their introductions here

Hello from Aberdeen

Postby lorainemcaleese » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Hello from Loraine and Shawnee in Aberdeen.
In July 2009 I read an article in Dogs Today about the Tamaskan breed and how they were developed by Lynn and Jennie. I cut out that article and said to myself "One day I will have one of these". On Sunday 25th March 2018 I presented myself at Lynn's door - along with said article! - and left an hour later with Shawnee. He is an absolute delight and well worth the wait. Thank you.
lorainemcaleese
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Hello from Aberdeen

Postby Blustag » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 am

lorainemcaleese wrote:Hello from Loraine and Shawnee in Aberdeen.
In July 2009 I read an article in Dogs Today about the Tamaskan breed and how they were developed by Lynn and Jennie. I cut out that article and said to myself "One day I will have one of these". On Sunday 25th March 2018 I presented myself at Lynn's door - along with said article! - and left an hour later with Shawnee. He is an absolute delight and well worth the wait. Thank you.

Welcome Loraine. It was lovely to meet you and quite a shock seeing the magazine article after all these years lol.
Looking forward to hearing all your news and seeing photos of Shawnee on his own page :D
Blustag

Postby Andycmac » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Loraine

My wife and I are also from Aberdeenshire and have also long wished for a tam puppy!

We’ve just moved to the countryside and are both on shared parental leave for the next few months, so the timing looks good! We’re going through the vetting process with Lynn, but we thought it would be very useful if there was someone local we could have a quick chat to before going to far!

We would be very grateful if you had 5 mins to help us out? We both grew up with dogs (Dalmatian, Springer and a Lab) but know each breed has their own unique remquirements! We’re out of the country till 9th March but if you’re happy to meet us, I can send you a DM with my phone number.

Many thanks,
Andrew and Steph
Andycmac
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Blustag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:25 pm

Welcome to our forum :D
Blustag

Postby Sairawalker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Andycmac wrote:Hi Loraine

My wife and I are also from Aberdeenshire and have also long wished for a tam puppy!

We’ve just moved to the countryside and are both on shared parental leave for the next few months, so the timing looks good! We’re going through the vetting process with Lynn, but we thought it would be very useful if there was someone local we could have a quick chat to before going to far!

We would be very grateful if you had 5 mins to help us out? We both grew up with dogs (Dalmatian, Springer and a Lab) but know each breed has their own unique remquirements! We’re out of the country till 9th March but if you’re happy to meet us, I can send you a DM with my phone number.

Many thanks,
Andrew and Steph
Saira (Nikan, Axle and Misty)
Sairawalker
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Sairawalker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Andrew - welcome to the forum ....feel free to join us on our Scottish Chat Group and come to our regular meet ups ......amazing group of Tam owners and all very honest, helpful and supportive
Saira (Nikan, Axle and Misty)
Sairawalker
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby lorainemcaleese » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Andrew and Steph.

Thanks for your post. It would be great to expand our Aberdeen family of Tams! Happy to spare you all the time you need to help you decide if the Tam life is for you. I think you may be joining our Scottish Chat but if it's easier to reply on here then that's absolutely fine. Look forward to hearing from you both in the near future.

Loraine (and Shawnee!)
lorainemcaleese
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Return to Welcome