KILLER TICKS

To talk about all things not related to Tamaskan

KILLER TICKS

Postby Blustag » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 am

Just saw a very disturbing programme about the killer ticks in the UK. They have arrived from Europe and are mainly at the moment in the Harlow Essex area. Unfortunately vets are not identifying the symptoms quickly enough and dogs are dying from the tick bite. Symptoms are not wanting to eat or get up for a walk, listlessness and anything else not normal for the dog. Emergency treatment is essential for dog to survive but needs
special meds vets don't have. Please take care and especially if you travel abroad as several dogs coming in from France and Spain have died
from these tick bites.
Blustag

Re: KILLER TICKS

Postby tupac34 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 am

Kind of scary to hear that story. What do you think is the safest way or I would say the natural way to kill the ticks and also fleas?

The collar approach is one of the ways to deal with the fleas and ticks but I am really worried about the chemical substance released by the collar to fight the ticks and fleas. There are so many side effects to the dog, yes I admit that some dogs just totally fine to wear the flea collar, but apparently not all dog is okay to wear that thing.

I am not expert about a dog, but I always assume if the dog always does that scratch stuff, it might be the fleas or the ticks, but I would say that is normal behaviour until it shows some visible changes like red bumps or any other indicator like here https://petcomments.com/dog-has-fleas/

I am thinking about the natural or home remedies approach or the natural substance (non-toxic chemical) within the collar, yep I can do the search on the internet, but just want to ask for the opinion here.
tupac34
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: KILLER TICKS

Postby Blustag » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

tupac34 wrote:Kind of scary to hear that story. What do you think is the safest way or I would say the natural way to kill the ticks and also fleas?

The collar approach is one of the ways to deal with the fleas and ticks but I am really worried about the chemical substance released by the collar to fight the ticks and fleas. There are so many side effects to the dog, yes I admit that some dogs just totally fine to wear the flea collar, but apparently not all dog is okay to wear that thing.

I am not expert about a dog, but I always assume if the dog always does that scratch stuff, it might be the fleas or the ticks, but I would say that is normal behaviour until it shows some visible changes like red bumps or any other indicator like here https://petcomments.com/dog-has-fleas/

I am thinking about the natural or home remedies approach or the natural substance (non-toxic chemical) within the collar, yep I can do the search on the internet, but just want to ask for the opinion here.

One thing is to check regularly for the ticks and remove carefully if you find any. You can find how to remove safely online.
When I lived in Portugal a lot of people were using the collars and many dogs becoming very ill and also owners. I think collars have improved much since then but I would still not use them myself. There are things such as garlic in the diet that can help but best you research online as much as you can
Blustag

Return to Lounge Room