Hello from Cardiff!

New forum members can make their introductions here

Hello from Cardiff!

Postby AJ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 am

Hi everyone, I recently emailed Lynn and Jennie about a Tamaskan puppy and was directed here.

I've been looking for an ideal dog for around a year now, and been through many breeds so far that I haven't 'clicked' with. Among other things I like large, active, primitive, and strong-bonding dogs, and it's been hard to find a breed that encompasses all of these. Hoping my search is over now, lol. My girlfriend and I are moving around June/July and planning to get her a dog soon after (an adult rescue), but I'm willing to wait a while for a Tam, they look perfect.

Are there any Tamaskan owners in or near Cardiff we could chat to?
AJ
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Hello from Cardiff!

Postby Blustag » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Welcome to our forum :D
Blustag

Postby Sairawalker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi
I don’t live near you, I’m in Scotland but I wanted to welcome you to the forum and also say you couldn’t pick a better breed of dog for your wish list of your perfect breed ....I currently have 3 having had one for nearly 12 years previously and I wouldn’t have any other breed now ....I notice you say you plan on getting your girlfriend an adult rescue dog .....have you considered rescuing or rehoming an adult Tamaskan?
Saira
Saira (Nikan, Axle and Misty)
Sairawalker
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby AJ » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome both :) The more I read about the breed the more I'm convinced they're the perfect fit for me.

Sairawalker wrote:have you considered rescuing or rehoming an adult Tamaskan?
Funny you mentioned this as I did bring it up in my email - I'm very open to that idea. I lean towards a pup because there are more unknowables with two adult rescues, but as long as the two could meet and get along I'm happy to rehome.
AJ
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby TalaBryson » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Hello from the north east of England :). We have had a Tam since a pup and recently rescued one too :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TalaBryson
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby lorainemcaleese » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello from the North of Scotland - Aberdeen in fact. Welcome to our Forum.
I hope you were not looking for an unbiased opinion re having a Tamaskan - because we are all biased towards them!!!
I waited 10yrs for mine until my time was right and I haven't regretted a thing about it. My boy Shawnee is just over 1 yr old now and just a delight - most of the time anyway - all dog owners of any breed will understand that remark!
I hope your search is over and that you feel a Tamaskan is the dog to share your lives.

Loraine, Shawnee and Rowan (Fox Red Labrador but Honoury Tamaskan!)
lorainemcaleese
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Blufawn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello and welcome :)
Blufawn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby andyconnolly » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Welcome!
This place is great for any quiestions you have may have, finding out what events are on there’s always group walks happening somewhere and the I think the best part sharing pictures of thee best breed around!
We have a 6month Tamaskan called Loki and haven’t looked back since getting him! Everyone on here and in the chats are super friendly and helpful!
Loki the mischevious Tamaskan (Arrow x Logan)
andyconnolly
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Jshepherd » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello,
Our puppy is now 12 weeks old and it was the best decision in the world getting her. She has already become a big part of the family.

With two girls already aged 5 and 16 months she is so gentle with them and loves a run around in the garden while they play but likes her sleep and a good tummy rub.

We are the north east of England as well and look forward to many a walk.

Having a tamaskan is like joining a giant family, everyone is so welcoming and amazing with advice.
Jshepherd
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Return to Welcome