Bitten by a dog

To talk about all things not related to Tamaskan

Bitten by a dog

Postby Annie-Hyena » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:40 am

All I can say is, OUCH!
I've never been properly bitten and I hope I never am again! Tam has accidentally got me on my finger when playing, it was with her back teeth so it hurt, but not as bad! My old dog Annie also accidentally got my arm, but not with any force.

I was at the yard, Tam and 3 others were running around in the snow, having a great time! I was reading a baffling text (turns out, wrong number!) so I'd taken my eye off them for a second. A lady who has 2 dogs decided to let her dogs out of the tea room to join in, knowing that Tam really doesn't like one of them. So, Tam goes to her dog and growls to tell it that SHE is playing with HER friends and other dog should back off! Other dog started screeching like I've never heard before! Sounded like a child throwing a tantrum!
I rush over and grab Tams collar to lead her away, when the little blind dog (one of Tams friends) grabbed the back on my thigh! It felt like several injections all at once! I turned around and spoke to him, so he knew it was me. He can only see shadows and shapes, so when he heard my voice he slunk off, clearly knowing he'd done wrong! He has been very seriously abused in the past and is very defensive of both his owner and other dogs, so I don't blame him. For all he knew, he was putting his life at risk to save his friends!

I've been to the doctors and had a tetanus injection (which also hurts!) and dressing put on. I'll try and get a picture of the bruise, it's bright purple and about the size of my hand! No riding for me for a while :( it hurts to sit!
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic

Re: Bitten by a dog

Postby Blustag » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:25 am

Sorry to hear of your nasty experience and thankfully all of you are ok. Poor little blind dog must have been so confused.

A friend of mine had the tip of her finger bitten right off by her own dog who was being more than enthusiastic to snatch a treat which
she had never done before. Just shows these things can happen. Be careful folks when giving treats by hand ;) Dog wasn't a Tamaskan folks in case you are wondering, but an Alaskan Malamute that I had bred. :roll:
Blustag

Postby Annie-Hyena » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 am

Ooh I bet that was awful!! :O :O

He's only a little dog too, about half the size of Tam!
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic

Postby Razor » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Ouch ! Have you ever considered a career as a post-lady ? :)
Razor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Lounge Room