Fake breeders

To talk about all things not related to Tamaskan

Fake breeders

Postby EliseMarielle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 am

As ive come to realize as i found out more about this breed, there is a lot of scammers out there.
Im quite confused to be honest, as a "newbie" in all of this. I didnt know anything about this, and could have easily contacted the wrong people.
So im wondering, would it be a solution to "up the game", when it comes to websites, professional design, easy to find info, even an emblem to show "approved" breeders?
Just putting it out there! Im new, and dont know what the history is :)
(sorry for my english, im Norwegian..)
-Elise Marielle
EliseMarielle
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Fake breeders

Postby Blustag » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Welcome to our forum Elise and hope you find it interesting. The scamming has been going on now for about the last 7 years or so since I stopped selling puppies to people in Europe who were exploiting the breed. As they can no longer get puppies from me to widen their gene pool they are now using other breeds and mixing them together. The original Tamaskan I sold to Europe are now past breeding age so the scamming continues with the people still calling them Tamaskan. Apart from educating people which is what we do, there is not much else can be done. At the end of the day people do find their way to us, as most of what is on the internet put there by the scammers is total rubbish and very hard to believe for any intelligent person. Hope this helps. :)
Blustag

Postby EliseMarielle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:23 pm

That sounds awfull.. Must be horrible for you, that someone keeps stealing everything you have been working hard for these years :(
Its a similar situation going on with my dogs breed (but it hasnt esculated to this point. yet.). They started an organization where the registered, real breeders are member. They put down strict rules for breeding. But i think its easier for them cause my dogs breed (MAS) hasnt been around for that long. I think the first dog was imported to Norway 10 years ago or something like that.
Would it have been an idea to make a registry or something where all the "pure" and approved dogs go in? Much work i guess, but then people could look it up and figure out if they are buying a real Tam or not? :)
-Elise Marielle
EliseMarielle
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Blustag » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:39 pm

EliseMarielle wrote:That sounds awfull.. Must be horrible for you, that someone keeps stealing everything you have been working hard for these years :(
Its a similar situation going on with my dogs breed (but it hasnt esculated to this point. yet.). They started an organization where the registered, real breeders are member. They put down strict rules for breeding. But i think its easier for them cause my dogs breed (MAS) hasnt been around for that long. I think the first dog was imported to Norway 10 years ago or something like that.
Would it have been an idea to make a registry or something where all the "pure" and approved dogs go in? Much work i guess, but then people could look it up and figure out if they are buying a real Tam or not? :)

There is a registry of all the dogs since the beginning of the breed started by us. www.tamaskan-dog.com They stole the whole contents of this website around the 7 years ago and then started to alter all the information :roll: We continue to register every single puppy born through this registry but obviously don't register any other dogs whose parents are not already on our register. Luckily we had the foresight to also dna profile every single breeding dog from the beginning of the breed all those years ago, so is an easy task now to take a swab from any dog to prove its heritage. The same cant be said for the spin off group as they have no direct history to the beginning of the breed, nor do they have our dna database which is held in USA.
Blustag

Return to Lounge Room