RULES FOR SCANDINAVIA

For information about importing and exporting Tamaskan

RULES FOR SCANDINAVIA

Postby Blustag » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:28 pm

I have just been informed that from January 2013 all dogs going into Scandinavia will need an Import Licence. Some offices have been asking for these already but they are not mandatory 'yet'. They are easy enough to apply for but sadly your governments will charge you
Blustag

Re: RULES FOR SCANDINAVIA

Postby Blustag » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:51 pm

We have been working closely with the Norway customs and they are now allowing us to fly puppies without the rabies and
21 day wait so puppies can now go at 9 weeks. Im sure it wont be long before Sweden, Finland and Denmark will agree
to same. They just need certain documentation which we get done at our vets and this flies with pup. :D
Blustag

Postby amedved » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Whyyyyyy have they changed the rules for shipping!!! I mean... it sucks that a buyer can't get a puppy until it's 4 months old.. and it sucks for the breeder to keep the pups for so long aswell... PLUS the buyer loses 2 important months of establishing a relationship with the puppy... how do the governments think!? If they think at all..
amedved
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Blustag » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 am

Its crazy that they have changed the rules again but it applies to all of Europe too. The only way around it is to come to England and take puppy back by car as no one bothers you at the French border and then you can drive straight home to wherever.
FYI. From the Eurotunnel to my house is approx. 3 hours. I can drive direct to Finland from
here on the same day albeit a long one ;) Never use the Ferry as you have to leave the pup
downstairs on the boat and it takes about 2 hours including loading and unloading. The train is
very easy. You drive on...20 mins or so later you drive off straight onto the roads in France.
Customs is our side at Folkstone so once you are through there you are home and dry :D You
can then take your puppy at 8 weeks. Also it is much less expensive to drive over than to fly
puppy.
I have had people from many countries including Norway and Sweden come over so it is not
a problem.
Blustag

Postby amedved » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Blustag wrote:Its crazy that they have changed the rules again but it applies to all of Europe too. The only way around it is to come to England and take puppy back by car as no one bothers you at the French border and then you can drive straight home to wherever.
FYI. From the Eurotunnel to my house is approx. 3 hours. I can drive direct to Finland from
here on the same day albeit a long one ;) Never use the Ferry as you have to leave the pup
downstairs on the boat and it takes about 2 hours including loading and unloading. The train is
very easy. You drive on...20 mins or so later you drive off straight onto the roads in France.
Customs is our side at Folkstone so once you are through there you are home and dry :D You
can then take your puppy at 8 weeks. Also it is much less expensive to drive over than to fly
puppy.
I have had people from many countries including Norway and Sweden come over so it is not
a problem.

ooooh really?? :D So.. what if other customs stop us? the customs in Sweden will always stop you, since you can't travel with a pup younger than 16 weeks since they now require Rabies vaccineshots to be able to travel? :D
amedved
Yearling
Yearling

Postby Blustag » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:12 pm

I cant really guarantee anything but I know that dozens and I mean dozens of puppies have
gone through France and onwards without any troubles. Norway and Sweden 'may' be
different on entry but when I moved to Finland I took with me around 20 dogs in total
and wasn't stopped anywhere all the way to Finland. I did however have all the relevant
vaccinations and documents (Pets Passports) etc but was never asked for them or did
anyone want to see the dogs :roll: cost me a fortune too :lol:

A funny story. I left Finland with a pup and entered Sweden only to find I was stopped
by the customs and puppy examined for microchip. Not finding a microchip they kept
me a while to examine my paperwork and then got a new microchip machine and new
batteries. Still couldn't find a chip. They asked me where I was going and I said UK.
to which they replied ok then good luck in Calais :lol: They let me go lol. Calais is
notorious for animals leaving France as the UK customs catch them before they leave
France. I was so worried as I knew that my pup had a microchip and back then I didn't
have a scanner (I do now lol) Anyway once we reached Calais they found the chip no
problem lol and I was ok to go to UK.

I have never had a problem with any pup leaving UK via France in many years and neither
has any one single person who has collected and driven over with their pup. When pups
are flown it is a different story entirely as all paperwork is examined by customs on entry
into the country.

I could tell you some more funny stories but not here :lol: :lol:
Blustag

Postby Blustag » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 pm

2018 UPDATE Several puppies going out to Sweden and Norway and both are needing Pets Passport. Wish they would stop
changing the rules.
Blustag

Return to Shipping