Super strong crates and training

Super strong crates and training

Postby Rocko_9 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:21 am

I'm looking for a super strong escape proof crate, needs to be reasonably priced and really robust as Link has chewed his way out of wood and plastic ones, bends the bars on metal ones and then squeezes out. He needs to be crated otherwise when he is left on his own in the kitchen he counter surfs and knocks everything onto the floor. I regularly come home to find him sleeping in the kitchen sink :lol: he gets fed in his crate and he is always left with a stuffed kong and toys to play with.
Rocko_9
Junior
Junior

Re: Super strong crates and training

Postby Blustag » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:42 am

My tip is never buy the black powdered coated ones as they are never very strong but go for the professional crates which
are silver coloured with no coating. I use Doghealth.com they are very very reasonable and if you have a chat with them
about the heavy duty ones you cant go wrong. Also buy some smallish caribiners and put them all around the edges of
your crate with a couple on the door too. I would like to then see any dog get out of that :lol:
Blustag

Postby Blustag » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 pm

bump
Blustag

Postby kitsune » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Tbh my dog hates crates . Instead I leave her in a dog proof room. She is much happier. Crate training is useful so if you can do it that's great. It just wasn't worth it for me!
kitsune
Junior
Junior

Return to Training