Hello!- New Member From the US

New forum members can make their introductions here

Hello!- New Member From the US

Postby Mugen » Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Greetings All.
My name is Mugen (pronounced 'Moo-Gen'), and I'm from the Midwest United States.

I recently discovered the Tamaskan breed while looking for the perfect dog to be the newest addition to my family. Like most of you here I'm sure, I love all animals and my home just doesn't feel complete without a canine companion. ;)

I must say that it hasn't been easy- roughly two years ago I lost my great friend and brother, a White German Shepherd/Husky mix. He was a saint of a dog and my savior through hard times. We fought a long battle with a rare disease called Chediak-Higashi Syndrome; but ultimately I had to let him go. He runs with The Great Spirit now, but I feel his presence still.

Now, I have decided it's time to once again find the right canine individual to join my family and I absolutely love the feral look of the Tamaskan, its intelligence, loyalty, family-oriented/pack-like nature, its potential for working alongside me, and its large size. I may even consider competitions/agility, but for now I'm just interested in finding the right dog to enjoy life with my very active outdoors-y family.

I'm excited to continue my research on the beautiful animal, and I hope to eventually find a breeder to provide me with a pup.

If there is anyone in the midwest that owns or breeds Tamaskans, please let me know. I'd love to chat with you. Any current owners and members here are welcome of course to reach out too!

Regards,
Mugen

∞MUGEN∞

Embracing all forms of conscious and unconscious thought and experience
Mugen
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Hello!- New Member From the US

Postby Annie-Hyena » Thu May 25, 2017 5:59 am

Hi there Mugen!
We're always happy to see a new face on the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it's never easy, but I know how you feel. We lost our Annie 3 years ago and she was my soulmate too.
I found the Tamaskan breed through a friend of mine who I used to work with and haven't looked back since!
My girl Tamriel is so smart and willing!
I don't believe there are any true breeders in the US, Blustag UK is the founder, but I do believe she still ships out to the US :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic

Postby Blustag » Thu May 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi and welcome to our forum. Sorry to hear about your loss. I am the founder and sad to say there are no breeders of genuine Tamaskan outside of UK. Many scams going on sadly. I do export worldwide if you want to contact me on
arcticbreeds@yahoo.co.uk :D
Blustag

Postby CakesandCats » Fri May 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Mugen and welcome. So sorry to hear about your loss.

Tamaskans are wonderful dogs, we have two, both from Lynn at Blustag. They're very different - Dief, who is nearly 5, is a softie, he really worries about pleasing you. He loves cuddles and will often wake me in the early hours so I'll move over and let him have space on the bed to be 'spooned'. He's very bright and his latest trick is to open doors - the cat food is no longer safe!!!
Woody, 4 and my baby, is very bright, but stubborn with it. When you give him a command he gives you a 'what's in it for me?' look, then decides if he's going to do it or not! His favourite thing is 'nap time' with mummy, but there are strict rules - he has to be touching me, but I'm not allowed to cuddle him. And no one is allowed to talk during nap time - he gets very cross and gives me 'a look' if the phone rings and I answer, or if my husband comes and disturbs our sleep.....

I do agility with Woody, and my husband and I do a lot of fun dog shows with them throughout the summer.

Hope you manage to find you new companion soon :D
Josie Hughes
CakesandCats
Tam Expert
Tam Expert

Return to Welcome