Looking for 'Our Storm'

New forum members can make their introductions here

Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby JK » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 am

Hello everyone, my name is James.

I've grown up with dogs, they've always been part of my life - Boarder Collies, there have been 3. Buster who's rounding up instincts were phenomenal, then Flynn who sadly developed serve epilepsy at about 5 years old and then there is Connor, who's speed round the agility ring is supreme, he's my mum and dad's dog at theirs. My husband has also always had dogs, a few German Shepards, some small things and a Great Dane.

When we were in Norway a few years back we went dog sledging up in Alta or Tromsø, I forget exactly where, but our pack of dogs were fantastic - one in particular, Storm. He was beautiful. He didn't look so much like a Siberian Husky, he had softer features, in fact I'm almost certain most of the dogs were crosses. I've always loved Arctic breeds, I think they are the most stunning. Only recently I discovered Tamaskans a few months ago, not sure how I'd missed them for so long but there you go and all I can say is wow! After browsing a few sites and general reading I found this community through Blustag's website

As I now work from home, a dog friendly one, with a decent garden and lots of open spaces near by for those long daily walks - (growing up with the Boarder Collies I'm no stranger to those!) We're now in the position to start looking for 'Our Storm'.

From all the reading I've done, this community forum looks like a brilliant place to start looking and talking to owners of these beautiful dogs. Also from what I understand there are some very reputable breeders on here too?

On a side note. Is it a Tamaskan they are using to represent a Wolf, in the domestic settings, in the series 'Secret Life of Dogs' that's currently on ITV1?

Anyway, that's me. I've attached a picture of 'The Original Storm' and I in Norway.

Look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully meeting some of your dogs.

James

P1040158.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JK
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:22 am

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby Blustag » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi James and welcome to our forum. Nice picture. :D We are having our annual show coming up in May and you are most
welcome to come and meet us all and our dogs. :D
User avatar
Blustag
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4698
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 am
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby JK » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Blustag wrote:Hi James and welcome to our forum. Nice picture. :D We are having our annual show coming up in May and you are most
welcome to come and meet us all and our dogs. :D



Thanks for the welcome and the invite, if we're able to make it we'll be there thank you :D
JK
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:22 am

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby Razor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum, you've come to the right place.

Breeders... Blustag started the breed, Blufawn is her daughter. You can't get any closer to the source of the breed !

Where abouts are you ? UK ?
User avatar
Razor
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby Ash1978 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi James and welcome, was lovely to read about your life with dogs upto now and how much u loved them all, especially storm and I really hope u find the perfect little pup for you and your husband.
Along with the show we do walks at least so far every few months and will be back up in Derbyshire 8/9 April if u live near and would like to join up and meet some of our dogs and spend some time with us. I found that I didn't just get a beautiful girl in Dakota but have made some wonderful friends who are like family to me and that's what makes our community different to some others cus if u want to join in all the fun stuff and have people to talk to about pups and dogs u know there's always someone there for u :)

Ash
User avatar
Ash1978
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:47 am
Location: essex

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby JK » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 am

Razor wrote:Welcome to the Forum, you've come to the right place.

Breeders... Blustag started the breed, Blufawn is her daughter. You can't get any closer to the source of the breed !

Where abouts are you ? UK ?


Thanks for the welcome

We're up in Greater Manchester.

I thought that was the case with Bustag/blufawn :)


Ash1978 wrote:Hi James and welcome, was lovely to read about your life with dogs upto now and how much u loved them all, especially storm and I really hope u find the perfect little pup for you and your husband.
Along with the show we do walks at least so far every few months and will be back up in Derbyshire 8/9 April if u live near and would like to join up and meet some of our dogs and spend some time with us. I found that I didn't just get a beautiful girl in Dakota but have made some wonderful friends who are like family to me and that's what makes our community different to some others cus if u want to join in all the fun stuff and have people to talk to about pups and dogs u know there's always someone there for u :)

Ash



Thanks Ash, not far for Derbyshire at all, I used to Live in Staffordshire so know the peaks area quite well. :)
JK
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:22 am

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby Annie-Hyena » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Sorry for the late welcome! I hope you enjoy it here and hope to see you at the show in May :D
Image
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
User avatar
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: Looking for 'Our Storm'

Postby CakesandCats » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:57 am

Hi James, sorry for such a delayed welcome, but welcome :D

We've got two tamaskans, Dief and Woody, and they are the most amazing dogs, both Blustags.

It would be lovely if you can make the show in May - we 'discovered' tamaskans and went to a show about six years ago, and that confirmed for us that tams are the breed for us.

Hope to meet you soon :D
Josie Hughes
User avatar
CakesandCats
Tam Expert
Tam Expert
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:30 pm
Location: Northampton


Return to Welcome

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron