Is this a Tamaskan? (from Italy!)

New forum members can make their introductions here

Is this a Tamaskan? (from Italy!)

Postby laurajack » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello everybody!
my name is Laura and I'm writing from Italy.
two months ago I took a 4months old puppy from a girl, who didn't want to keep him.
She took him one week before that day, and she told me she couldn't manage him. I found him really scared, expecially of people, but he was immediately linked with me :)

Now he is less shy and he is beginning trusting in humans, but the way to balance is a little bit longer.

I can't have more informations about Jack (my daughter called him like this!) and I don't know where he is from and who are his parents.. nothing at all. The girl that had this puppy didn't give him vaccinations or medicine at all.
I took him to the vet and he told me that Jack is strong and healthy! :)

I cooperate with a german sheperd breeding and I know that Jack is different, his character is not similar to GSD. And I'm very curious to know more about him, about what character he could have and where he is from.
I was looking on Google and found Tamaskan Dog. There aren't breeders here of this dog and it's almost unknown, but maybe he is similar to this dog.

Can anyone give me his opinion about which could be the origins of Jack? :)
he has two black spot on the cheeks, very similar to German Shepherd ones but I don't know if it could be really a sign ;) Someone told me he could be CLC/Grey german shepherd mix..
It could be useful to know it.

Thank you very much!!
Laura
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laurajack
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Is this a Tamaskan? (from Italy!)

Postby Blustag » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Laura and welcome to our forum. Very sad about his history indeed. I would say he is definitely a German Shepherd mix but with what I don't know. He isn't a Tamaskan for sure. Also there are no breeders in Italy and the only people breeding in Europe are mixing them with all sorts of other breeds. He looks a very lovely dog, and he is so lucky to have ended up with you. Feel free to browse our forum for all help with training and diet needs and good luck with your puppy. :D
Blustag

Postby laurajack » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Blustag wrote:Hi Laura and welcome to our forum. Very sad about his history indeed. I would say he is definitely a German Shepherd mix but with what I don't know. He isn't a Tamaskan for sure. Also there are no breeders in Italy and the only people breeding in Europe are mixing them with all sorts of other breeds. He looks a very lovely dog, and he is so lucky to have ended up with you. Feel free to browse our forum for all help with training and diet needs and good luck with your puppy. :D

Blustag you are really really kind! Thank you very much!
His story is a little bit sad, yes, but now he has a family and a home :)
I think it's important to understand which breeds there are in him, to know more about his character but also his inclinations (I would like to train him for research of people after hearthquake that are common in Italy in this age).

It's the first time I saw Tamaskan Dogs, thery are really unknown here. I think, btw, that it's a good breed. :)
Humans are breeding dogs since centuries and trying to delete all the wild features and then with Czechoslovakian dog they breeded again with wolf.. think this has no reason.
As I can see Tamaskan is not a wolf at all, and the character must be better for sure!
Here in Italy many Czechoslovakian wolf are really mad! And many people can't manage them.. they are only fashionable. :(

Glad to be in this forum btw!
I will keep you informed if I will found some informations about Jack's past! :D

Laura
laurajack
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Blustag » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 pm

It is possible to do a dna test to see what breeds are in your dog. Not all breeds are covered by this test but there are many so if you have a go you may be lucky. Otherwise sadly there is no way of knowing what is there but don't stress about it as it is not that important. What is important is his nature and how he is with you and others. You would have to google where to find the company that does the testing as
I have never used it.
There are Tamaskan in Italy but not many and they are not being bred from thankfully. I have sent a few over there in last few years. :D
Blustag

Postby Annie-Hyena » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:43 pm

What a gorgeous dog! Tamaskan or not, I think he's a real beauty :)
Sounds like he's really found a lovely home with you :)
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic

Return to Welcome