Hey there! :)

New forum members can make their introductions here

Hey there! :)

Postby BlueYume » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello everyone! :)

Well... I guess I should tell a bit about myself here and how I got on this website :)
My name is Celine and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm 21 years old and study Animal Behaviour.

My biggest wish is to become an animal/dog behaviour expert and help people with their pets (If they have issues with them) and
helping people getting over their fear for certain animals.
I always was in love with wolves for as long as I can remember and I wanted a Saarloos Wolfdog for a very long time.
But when I'm done with my study (that will be around July 2016) I want to raise my own therapy dog.
I realised that the Saarloos Wolfdog won't be the ideal dog for the job, so I continued my search.

By pure coincidence I came across the Tamaskan dog. Before I allowed myself to completly fall in love I read about his temper on a lot of websites.
And I came to the conclusion that this is the dog I always dreamd of and can be an excelent companion and therapy dog.

I joined this forum so I could ask you all a bunch of questions so I can be 200% sure before I get a Tamaskan of my own.
And hopefully to show you the cute pictures of my Tamaskan when the time comes :P

Have all a great day/night :D
BlueYume
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Hey there! :)

Postby Razor » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Hey Celine, welcome to the Forum. You've come to the right place !

I don't have one yet, but I can confirm nearly every simply Tam I've met has been brilliant (sure, you're always going to get a grumpy/poorly trained one).

If you anywhere near the UK next May ? The UK show is held in Lincolnshire each year. There's no better way of seeing what the breed is like than to put around 20 of them in the same small paddock and see what happens :) Thankfully, it goes really well ! It's a real testament to the breed/breeding :)
Razor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blustag » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:49 am

Welcome Celine to our forum and hope you find it happy and helpful. As Razor says you are very welcome to come
over to our show next May. We get many visitors from around the world, and some people come over and collect
their puppies too, so you are not far away for sure :D
Blustag

Postby BlueYume » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 am

Thank you Razor and Blustag for the kind welcome :)
The show sounds very interesting and I would love to come :D
What are the exact dates of this event?
BlueYume
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Annie-Hyena » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Welcome! I'm also Tam-less, but still thoroughly enjoying this forum and learning about the breed :)
Chilli, Holly, Annie, Ned, Tamriel, Serenity
Annie-Hyena
Tamtastic
Tamtastic

Postby Blustag » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:22 pm

If you go to the events section you will see all the latest news on what is going on :D
Blustag

Postby BlueYume » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you Annie-Hyena :D
I try to learn as much as I can before getting a pup :)

Blustag wrote:If you go to the events section you will see all the latest news on what is going on :D

Thank you :D
BlueYume
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Return to Welcome